If you’re volunteering to help clean up the City of Pittsburgh, the Department of Public can help! Please use one of the applications below to gain approval for your volunteer clean-up event in our parks, trails and right of ways. Once submitted, we will review your application and contact you with approval via email.
Thank you for your interest and your efforts to give back to your community! If you have any questions regarding volunteering, please contact us at email@example.com.
The City of Pittsburgh Department of Public Works is now able to resume outdoor activites, which means we are once again able to service Volunteer Clean-Up Events by picking up collected litter afterwards! To comply with safety regulations set forth by Governor Wolf's "Stay at Home" order for Allegheny County, we are asking all currently planned Voluntter Clean-Up Events follow a few simple rules:
- If possible, conduct litter clean-ups alone
- Maintain social distancing guidelines by keeping 6 feet away from other people
- Use gloves and masks to limit possible exposure from the litter itself
- Any collected refuse should be taken back home to be picked up with your regularly scheduled curb-side pick up
- Limit the number of individual clean-ups done to save on PPE gloves and masks
DPW is not able to provide supplies to volunteers at this time, but will resume as soon as we can.
Additional Online Resources
- Volunteer Toolkit
- Safety Guidelines and Release of Liability Sign On Sheet
- Optional Multiple Volunteer Dates Form
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Below are volunteering events that have already been planned by local residents and are available for anyone to join. If you're interested in taking part, please click on an event below for more information.
|Event||Date||Start Time||End Time|