1) I/Organization understand that the City’s Departments of Public Works or Parks and Recreation personnel may be working in the park
or trail at given times and may need to provide direction and/or coordination to me/us with regard to City projects.
2) Projects may only take place during daylight hours.
3) Children under the age of 18 must have parents/guardians signatures on the Participant Agreement as indicated prior to participating
in the Project.
4) Adult supervision is required for anyone under the age of 18.
5) All volunteers must print name, sign, and record their phone number on the spaces provided on the Participant Agreement Form prior
to any volunteer activity. A new form must be signed prior to each Project/event.
6) All volunteers should wear appropriate closed-toe shoes and gloves at all times while performing Project work.
7) All volunteers should be instructed on safety precautions by a team leader. Topics should include: Glove usage, identifying
dangerous litter objects, and maintenance and use of a first aid kit.
8) Volunteers must be instructed to pick up litter or weeds only. Do not move, pick up or drag sofas or other large/heavy objects. Do
not attempt to collect hazardous materials such as syringes or car batteries. A group leader should contact 311 to inform City
representatives about the location of large or hazardous objects for the City to pick up.
9) No alcoholic beverages are permitted before or during maintenance activities. Anyone under the influence of alcohol or narcotics
should not participate in volunteer Project activities.