Christmas Tree Recycling & Mulch Giveaway
Every year, the City of Pittsburgh recycles used Christmas trees into free, natural mulch for City residents. In 2021, over 2200 Christmas trees totaling over 38 tons were diverted from the landfill! Residents will be able to pick up the pine mulch which is useful for vegetable gardens and other beautification projects. Residents interested in picking up mulch for their 2021 spring garden may attend four Saturday collection events but they must bring their own buckets, gloves and shovels.
Pick Up Dates and Locations
April 10th through May 10th (or until supplies last!)
Locations below are open seven days a week, from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Riverview Park- Directly past the division salt dome building.
Moore Park - Lower Moore parking lot.(all much at location claimed)
- Sheraden Park - Take Surban St into the park, at first parking lot.
- Zoo Overflow Parking Lot (Pine Mulch Only) - 7370 Baker Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15206 parking area in the back.
- Highland Park - Across from the dog park or near the courts
Locations below are open Monday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- 5th Division of Public Works
- 1330 Hassler St. Pittsburgh, PA 15220 (Off Herschel St. & Steuben St. near Herschel Park)
- 2nd Division of Public Works
- 6814 Hamilton Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15208 (North Dallas Ave. at Hamilton Ave.)
- 3rd Division of Public Works
- 40 Melanchton St Pittsburgh, PA 15207 (Off 2nd Ave around the corner from the division gate on Dyke St)
Turn your live Christmas tree into mulch!