Apply to be a Paramedic
To find out if the City of Pittsburgh is recruiting for position in the EMS Bureau, go to the City's Online Employment Center.
- Currently certified with a State Paramedic Certification and/or a Nationally Recognized Certification. Applicants must present a Pennsylvania Paramedic Certification prior to appointment.
- Current, valid Pennsylvania driver's license.
- Become a City of Pittsburgh resident before being appointed to the position.
Certifications and Training
The following organizations have Paramedic training programs:
- Center for Emergency Medicine
- Community College of Allegheny County
Please contact one of the Pennsylvania regional EMS offices to obtain information on receiving Pennsylvania certification.