Films & Events Permitting
The Office of Special Events is the official event and film production permitting office for the City of Pittsburgh.
PLEASE NOTE: In response to the ongoing nationwide outbreak of COVID-19, a State of Emergency has been declared in the City of Pittsburgh. Measures may include cancelling or limiting large gatherings, and cancelling or limiting events or gatherings that require City permits.
8:00am-4:45pm EST Monday- Friday
To support the city’s rapidly growing event & film industry, the Office of Special Events has streamlined the permitting process for event organizers and film producers with the launch of our new online application software: EventApp Pittsburgh and FilmApp Pittsburgh. In addition to streamlining the permitting process for events & film projects in the City of Pittsburgh, the Office of Special Events will also be responsible for the following:
- Issuing permits to events and productions filming on public property in the City of Pittsburgh.
- Facilitating communication between event organizers and producers and city departments and authorities.
- Handling cost recovery efforts for City services related to event & film needs.
- Handling permitting for block-parties and community festivals in addition to special events and films.
- Producing a wide array of in-house events that are either free or low-cost to the general public.