Human Resources Policies
These Personnel operating policies have been written to serve as a guide in the employer/employee relationship and to give managers/supervisors general information about the City's policies, practices, and work rules, and guidance/direction regarding implementation and enforcement of the same.
- If there are differences between the various collective bargaining agreements and these policies, the pertinent collective bargaining agreement takes precedence.
- These documents are not intended to be comprehensive or to address all the possible applications of, or exceptions to, the general policies and procedures described.
- Therefore, the Department of Personnel and Civil Service Commission encourages you to read this information thoroughly and to make note of your questions for discussion with either your manager or with a representative from the Department of Personnel and Civil Service Commission.
- The City reserves the right, at any time, to modify, rescind, or supplement any or all of the policies contained herein, and to take actions that may be contrary to a policy included in this resource.
- Changes will be effective on dates as determined by the City, and you may not rely on policies that have been superseded.
- Furthermore, no statements in this resource are intended to set forth as contractual commitments or obligations of the City to any individual employee or group of employees, or to establish an exception to the employment-at-will doctrine.
- Unless otherwise specified in the Civil Service Statutes and Rules, or pertinent collective bargaining agreement, both the employer and the employee may at any time terminate the employment relationship, with or without notice, for any reason.
- Please note that some of the original, official forms are multi-ply documents.
- The name of each multi-ply form is marked with an asterisk * below.
- For official submission of these forms, please obtain and use an original, multi-ply form from the Department of Personnel and Civil Service Commission.
If you have any questions about these documents, please contact the Department of Personnel and Civil Service Commission at 412-255-2384.
OTHER PERSONNEL RESOURCES
Begin typing in keyword to filter policy.