A new cost effective way for you to see a physician phone or video. Telemedicine can be used for minor illnesses, including flu, coughs, colds, mental health counseling and dermatology and more. It is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. All medical carriers offer this service.
When should you consider Telemedicine?
Some examples that Telemedicine can be used for:
- Minor illnesses
- Including flu
- Mental health counseling
- Follow-up visits with a PCP or specialist when available
Familiarize yourself with all the Telemedicine vendors offered through your provider and to sign up BEFORE you need it.
How do you use Telemedicine?
You can find registration information below for each vendor, depending on which Healthcare provider you are insured through and your individual needs. It's important to get signed up to Telemedicine before you need it!
Telemedicine Vendors for Highmark
- Signup for an account on doctorondemand.com
- If you have an issue with completing your profile, select "My Account" in the top right hand corner of the webpage and scroll down to "Support"
- Available on Google Play or the App Store
Telemedicine Vendors for Amwel
- Signup for an account on amwell.com
- Test your computer to make sure it will be ready when you need it.
- For support call 1-855-818-DOCS (3627)
- Available on Google Play or the App Store.
Telemedicine Vendors for Atena
- Sign up for an account on teladoc.com, or call 1-800-Teladoc (835-2362)
Telemedicine Vendors for UPMC
Non-serious conditions such as cold, flu, allergies:
- Sign up for an account on UPMC AnywhereCare.com
- If you have problems creating an account, contact support by email at ISDTelemedicinesupport@upmc.edu or by phone at 1-888-884-8579.
- To access via a mobile device, you can download the app at iTunes or the Google Play store.
Minor skin irritations, rashes, insect bites
- Sign up for an account at eDermatology.upmc.com.
- If you have problems creating an account, contact support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-888-884-8579.
- To access via a mobile device, you can download the app at iTunes or at the Google Play store.