Benefits & Criteria
Government Resources & Procurement Workshops
- Applicants must commit to participate for the full length of program.
- Must be a startup defined as:
- The company must be a legally registered company.
- The company must be headquartered in Allegheny County (Pittsburgh-based preferred).
- The company must have a working beta-stage, pilot-ready product/service ready to be tested at the City and/or participant organizations.
- The PGH Lab Rules & Regulations will go into effect on a startup if invited to participate in the program.
- Read and Acknowledge PGH Lab Rules and Regulations.
PGH Lab review committee will base the selection process according to the following:
- Met Minimum Criteria required.
- Does the product already exist?
- To what extent is the product innovative?
- How does it fit with the needs of the City of Pittsburgh and participant organizations?
- Would the beta-stage product or service lead to short-term or long-term outcomes that will benefit the city and its residents?
- Can the product be realistically implemented in city government given the current resources and capabilities?
- What kinds of actions will it require the City or the Participant Organizations to accomplish to make the pilot program successful?