Credit Union Membership
Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- The City of Pittsburgh provides eligible employees with basic and life and AD&D insurance. Options for
supplemental life are available.
- The City of Pittsburgh is dedicated to providing eligible employees and their families with affordable
quality benefit options designed to meet the needs of today’s families. Medical benefits begin the first of the month following the date of
hire unless otherwise stated in a union member’s collective bargaining agreement.
- Dental and Vision Coverage: Eligible employees may participate in the City of Pittsburgh’s dental
program. If elected at the time of hire, coverage will begin 90 days following the date of hire unless otherwise stated in a union member’s
collective bargaining agreement.
- CityFit Wellness At Work:The CityFit Wellness at Work Program offers employees and their families the
opportunities to better understand their health through biometric screenings, information sessions, annual wellness fairs, and a variety of
other programs throughout the year.
- (FSA): Employees of the City of Pittsburgh that have health care benefits are eligible to enroll In the
City’s Flexible Spending Account Program. This annual program allows an employee to set aside funds for medical expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- Voluntary Benefits: The City of Pittsburgh offers a variety of other voluntary benefits including
Aflac, legal services, Identity Theft shield, and Pet Insurance.
- EAP is a no cost benefit to an eligible employee and members of their household.
- EAP is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The program enables an employee to
address personal, relationship, job-related, and career needs in a private, confidential environment. The goal of Health Advocate is to
offer solutions to balance your work, life, and wellness. Employees and family members can refer themselves to Health Advocate.
Short Term Disability (STD)/Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Eligible employees will be enrolled in the City of Pittsburgh’s STD/LTD Plan and be given an option to
buy-up to an enhanced plan.
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)