Credit Union Membership
Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- The City of Pittsburgh provides eligible employees with basic and life and AD&D insurance. Options for
supplemental life are available.
- The City of Pittsburgh is dedicated to providing eligible employees and their families with affordable
quality benefit options designed to meet the needs of today’s families. Medical benefits begin the first of the month following the date of
hire unless otherwise stated in a union member’s collective bargaining agreement.
- Dental and Vision Coverage: Eligible employees may participate in the City of Pittsburgh’s dental
program. If elected at time of hire, coverage will begin 90 days following the date of hire unless otherwise stated in a union member’s
collective bargaining agreement. CityFit Wellness At Work:The CityFit Wellness at work program offers employees and their families
opportunities to better understand their health through biometric screenings, lunch and learns, annual wellness fairs, and a number of
program offerings throughout the year.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA):Employees of the City of Pittsburgh that have health care benefits are
eligible to enroll in the City’s Flexible Spending Account Program. This annual program allows an employee to set aside funds for medical
expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- Voluntary Benefits:The City of Pittsburgh offers a variety of voluntary benefits including AFLAC, Legal
Services, Identity Theft Shield, and Pet Insurance.
457/ Deferred Compensation
- The City of Pittsburgh offers eligible employees the opportunity to defer compensation on a pre-tax
basis into a governmental 457 Plan.
LifeSolutions (an EAP)
- A workplace benefit offering solutions to balance life, work, and wellness.
- Tuition reimbursement is offered to eligible employees of the City of Pittsburgh. In addition, the City
partners with numerous area universities to provide special tuition discounts. Tuition Discounts
Short Term Disability (STD)/Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Eligible employees will be enrolled in the City of Pittsburgh’s STD/LTD Plan and be given an option to
buy-up to an enhanced plan.
- Vacation, Holidays, Military Leave, Other Leaves, Uniform Allowance, Longevity.