The Economic Opportunities Manager supports neighborhood organizing and economic revitalization. We help business district and neighborhood groups:
- Build consensus
- Form a collective vision
- Align that vision with available resources from public and non-profit agencies to realize their neighborhood-level economic goals
To help our local entrepreneurs and small businesses, we provide technical support and assistance to small businesses throughout the city. We also design, build and promote tools for them and try to eliminate and streamline regulatory barriers in cooperation with city departments and authorities.
Personal financial literacy and management can be a barrier to access important business and personal opportunities. The City of Pittsburgh has a program that assists residents with financial literacy and advice through our Financial Empowerment Centers (FEC), which provide one-on-one, professional financial counseling as a FREE public service. The FECs help clients take control of their debt, deal with debt collectors, improve their credit, create a budget, save and connect to safe and affordable financial products. Click the logo above to learn more about the FECs or schedule your appointment today!
Bank On Allegheny County is a collaboration between financial institutions, community-based organizations and local government to ensure that all residents have the opportunity to be financially healthy. Together, we are working to connect people to safe, affordable and certified banking accounts. Our members also offer services and educational resources that help empower people and families to improve their financial capability, health and independence.
The Gender Equity Commission and Office of Equity work with community partners to use strategies, practices and policies to eradicate discrimination in pay and in the workplace based on gender, race and sexuality. Learn more about the Workforce Equity Initiative.
Additional Workforce Equity Resources:
- RESET/EARN Program offers a range of employment and training services for residents receiving TANF benefits to help move them rapidly to employment
- Learn and Earn Summer Youth Employment Program is a six-week, county-wide summer employment opportunity for young people aged 14-21
- Neighborhood Employment Centers
- Small Business and Employment Resources from Welcoming Pittsburgh
Initiatives and Resources
- City of Pittsburgh Financial Inclusion Strategy
- Financial Empowerment Centers
- Pittsburgh Asset Building Network
- Fund My Future