City Youth Sports Grant Fund 2021
Youth sports programs have been critical for families to keep young people active, engaged and inspired. For many neighborhoods, these teams and programs have served as community builders and spaces of refuge and learning. The creation of this annual fund of $150,000 will assist local youth teams to purchase equipment, playtime and other times to continue their critical programming.
Awards of up to $10,000 will be made to eligible applicants. If awarded, a group will only be able to apply for funding again biennially or every two years. The Office of Management and Budget will be responsible for tracking the award recipients annually to ensure the funding rules are being followed.
To qualify to apply, the applying team:
- Must be a program that serves youth aged 18 and under
- Must serve city residents and/or play most games, host a number of games in the City of Pittsburgh
- Must be a 501c3 organization
- Must provide proof of completed safety trainings (CPR, first aid and water safety if applicable)
- Must provide proof of Act 33, Act 34 and FBI clearance
- Must provide proof of a valid driver’s license
The applicable uses of this funding include:
- Trophies and Awards
- Purchasing Play Time
- Leasing Play Time
- Funding for Away Games
The Selection Committee will include members of the Parks Department, the Office of Management and Budget, the Department of Public Works and the Mayor's Office. Special consideration will be given to applicants that represent players from underserved communities, groups not receiving other grant funding, groups that have charitable missions or working to get underrepresented populations into the sport .
Applications are due no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, October 29th. Notifications of awards will be in December and funding will be dispensed beginning January 2022. If you have any questions you can email email@example.com.