Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS
This page is for program information only. If you are living with HIV/AIDS and need assistance, please contact an organization from our HIV AIDS Service Providers List.
The City of Pittsburgh receives federal funding through the Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) program. This is a federal program dedicated to providing housing assistance and related supportive services for low-income persons living with HIV/AIDS and their families. HOPWA in Pittsburgh is administered by the Jewish Healthcare Foundation.
The program offers:
- Short-term rent assistance
- Mortgage and utility assistance
- Long-term tenant-based rental assistance
- Permanent housing facilities
- Essential referral services for people living with HIV/AIDS
To learn more about the Jewish Healthcare Foundation's administration of this grant go to: https://www.jhf.org/whatwedo/whatwedo-2/hiv-aids-fiscal-agent