Bed and Breakfast License
The City of Pittsburgh requires an annual Bed and Breakfast License for anyone who owns or operates a Bed and Breakfast Establishment within the City of Pittsburgh. A Bed and Breakfast is defined as a small lodging establishment that offers overnight accommodations where the owner-operator lives on premises. Inspections that accompany a Bed and Breakfast License are to insure there are no IPMC violations, and that the property is in compliance with the Certificate of Occupancy (including parking lots.) For a comprehensive definition and list of requirements, please see Chapter 767: Bed and Breakfast Establishments in the City Code and the PLI Rules and Regulations.
1) Prepare Required Documents
- For more detailed info, Check out the Rules and Regulations
2) Complete Application
- Fill out an application online!
3) Submit Documents and Payment
- Check the cost of your license application fee here: Current Fee Schedule
A late fee will be charged the day after your license expires. If your license is not renewed within 30 days of expiration, it is considered lapsed and closed. All business licenses expire a year from the date of issuance.
- Looking for additional info or clarification on your license requirements?
- Where can I find my certificate of occupancy?
- How do I get a tax certification letter?
- Insurance info
- A non-expired Certificate of Insurance showing general liability coverage for the applicant at the location where licensed activity will take place, and listing the City of Pittsburgh as the certificate holder and additionally insured.
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance: A Certificate of Insurance showing Worker's Compensation coverage for the applicant business and listing the City of Pittsburgh as the certificate holder. If the business does not have any employees, then upload a notarized statement attesting that there are no employees.
- Department of Permits, Licenses and Inspections Workers' Compensation Exemption Affidavit.