Occupant Load Placard Permits
A commercial occupant load placard permit is required for the following related to commercial building or structure with an assembly use and/or space:
- Obtain a replacement or new Occupant Load Placard.
Please see Permit Home for definition of commercial structures.
- New Placard: applies to a placard application associated with a new assembly use and/or space or an increased occupant load for an existing assembly use and/or space.
- Replacement Placard: applies to a placard application associated with an existing assembly use and/or space that has not been modified that needs a copy of the placard.
See these webpages for additional information regarding the permitting process:
- Permit Process
- Application Submission
- New placard applications require submission of construction drawings to OneStopPGH.
- Replacement Placards require submission of construction drawings to OneStopPGH if PLI has no record of approving the occupant load.
- Application Review
- Permit Issuance
- Permit Inspections
- Permit Completion