One-Day Solicitation (Tag Day) License
The City of Pittsburgh requires anyone who solicits charitable funds from the general public in the City by means of personal representatives or collectors must register with the Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections
- For a complete and detailed list of all requirements, please consult the Rules and Regulations
- The name of the licensee (your name), proof of identification, and any other name under which your business is to be conducted.
- The name of the organization or institution along with its aims and purposes.
- Local and national addresses and phone numbers for the organization or institution.
- Names and residence addresses of each officer, along with complete list of names and residence addresses of any board of managers or directors.
- Names of all persons authorized to solicit and residence addresses and terms of their employment.
- Application must be notarized.
- Check or money order made payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh for License Fee.
1) PREPARE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- See checklist below for quick list of requirements.
2) COMPLETE APPLICATION
3) SUBMIT DOCUMENTS AND PAYMENT
- Check the cost of your license application fee here: Current Fee Schedule
WONDERING HOW MUCH YOUR LICENSE COSTS?
All Department of Permits, Licenses and Inspections fees change annually. Consult the Current Fee Schedule for new applications, renewals, and late fees.
A late fee will be charged the day after your license expires. If your license is not renewed within 30 days of expiration, it is considered lapsed and closed. All business licenses expire a year from the date of issuance.
- LOOKING FOR ADDITIONAL INFO OR CLARIFICATION ON YOUR LICENSE REQUIREMENTS? Check out the Rules and Regulations