One-Day Solicitation (Tag Day) License
The City of Pittsburgh requires any organization which solicits charitable funds from the general public in the City by means of personal representatives or collectors must register with the Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections
1) Prepare Required Documents
- Check below for a list of requirements
- For more detailed info, Check out the Rules and Regulations and City Code
2) Complete Application
- Fill out the Tag Day License Application.
- Application must be notarized.
3) Submit Documents and Payment
- Check the cost of your license application fee here: Current Fee Schedule
- Check or money order made payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh for License Fee.
- Documents and payment must be submitted physically. To coordinate submission contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed tag day application. Application must be notarized
- List of names and residence addresses of each officer, board member, or director of the organization holding the event
- List of names and residence addresses of each individual who will be soliciting donations during the event
- Annual financial statement for the organization soliciting donations (statement should include both income and expenditures for the organization)
- Locations or areas of solicitation. Cross-streets and landmarks preferred.
Please note that Tag Day applications are subject to City of Pittsburgh Police approval and are thus not bound to PLI's three business day license processing timeline. Applications should be submitted well in advance of the planned event.
- Looking for additional info or clarification on your license requirements?