Detectives Make Arrest in Significant Narcotics Bust Date: June 12, 2020
Incident Type: Narcotics Arrest
Location: Zone 5
As part of an ongoing drug trafficking investigation, Pittsburgh Police Narcotics detectives obtained an arrest warrant for Patrick Dong Jo Kim, 34, of Pittsburgh, as well as a search warrant for his residence in the 6300 block of Jackson Street in Highland Park.
On the morning of Thursday, June 11 Pittsburgh Police and agents from the DEA served the search warrant and seized the following items:
- $285,000 in US Currency
- 9mm Beretta model 92F pistol
- 12 gauge Remington 870 shotgun
- Approximately 16 grams of raw heroin
- Approximately 280 stamp bags of heroin
- Approximately 40 grams of suspected fentanyl
- Approximately 6 lbs of marijuana
- Approximately 3 lbs of THC wax
- 2007 Lexus sedan
- Money counter machine, drug packaging implements including vacuum-sealer machine, and industrial sized can-sealer machine.
Mr. Kim was present at the scene and was taken into custody on his outstanding warrant. He faces charges related to the items recovered during the search.
Reporting PIO: Cara Cruz