Police seek the public’s assistance to identify the five individuals featured in this series of photographs. They are all suspected of throwing various objects at police at Fifth Avenue and Smithfield Street during the May 30 protest downtown.
Some are also suspected of burglarizing and damaging businesses. The suspect descriptions and alleged offenses correspond with the photos below:
- male with black shirt and bicycle threw multiple objects that struck police (has tattoo on upper left arm)
- male in gray shirt and long black shorts threw multiple objects at police, burglarized businesses and broke store windows
- bald male with gray shorts, dark t-shirt, dark zip jacket and green scarf threw multiple objects at police and burglarized liquor store
- male in two-tone hooded jacket and dark pants threw glass bottles at police
- male in red shirt threw beer cans at officers (tattoos on both upper arms)
Anyone with information about these individuals is asked to email the Damage Assessment and Accountability Task Force at DAAT@Pittsburghpa.gov or call (412) 323-7800 and ask for the task force.
Contributors will remain anonymous.
Tonight, the City-County Building is illuminated to recognize Poison Prevention Week and the 50th Anniversary of "Mr. Yuk" in partnership with Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC.
For questions about the lighting at the City-County Building, please reach out to the Office of the Mayor.