The Office of the City Controller is providing a free service to help citizens find unclaimed money from the City of Pittsburgh. These unclaimed funds belong to people and businesses that have failed to get money owed to them, through such means as earned income and real estate tax refunds, or City vendor payments. The City does not keep any unclaimed money.

Search our database and see if you have money owed to you. If you find that you are owed money, fill out the electronic form to claim your money. After verification, a check will be mailed to your current address.

It’s not too late to claim funds…

Any funds not claimed before the end of January of each year, are sent to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. If you find your name in our database, and believe you are owed money, you can still claim your money by visiting the Pennsylvania Treasury at the link below.

You may also visit The National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA). The NAUPA has information about unclaimed property in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and parts of Canada.

Please contact the Office of the City Controller with any questions at 412-255-2060 or our email address ..