Commercial permits are required for all work performed on commercial structures which are defined in the OneStopPGH system (permitting portal)
- Commercial – all other uses:
- Applies to structures regulated by the International Building Code;
- Applicable to attached single-family and two-family dwellings and accessory structures;
- Applicable to detached single-family and two-family dwellings that more than 3 stories in height and accessory structures;
- Applicable to dwelling units in mixed-use structure (contains non-residential uses);
- Applicable to non-residential uses.
See Residential Permits for permit information for residential structures.
PLI’s permits are configured based on permit type, structure type, work type, and work scope. Permit types: building, demolition, land operations, signs, electrical systems, mechanical systems (including fuel gas), fire alarm systems, occupancy-only, occupant load placard, and suppression systems permits
All of PLI’s permits go through the following process/steps: