Welcome to the Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections LICENSING home page!
NEW! Apply Online for:
- PLI Permits
- Trade, contractor and business licenses
- Zoning applications
Select SEARCH ONESTOPPGH to browse a public database of PLI permits, licenses, and zoning applications
For extra help with OneStopPGH, check out our step-by-step intructional videos.
For permits, licenses, zoning applications, and more!
Look up and track:
- Property Maintenance Violations
- PLI Permit Applications
- Business Licenses
- Zoning and Development Review Applications (Coming Soon!)
If you need additonal help or have questions about BuildingEye, visit our BuildingEye FAQ page!
PA Unified Judicial System
Search court dockets and results of court cases within the magisterial district court system
Calculate the cost of your permit fees, filing fees, amended permit fees, and more.
Do you want to keep up with all of the improvements and features we make to our system?
If so, please sign up for our news letter here!
You can also view all of our past newsletters by visiting the link above
The Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections issues licenses for the following activities:
- Contractor Licenses
- Trade Licenses
- Electrical Trade, HVAC Trade, Stationary Power Engineer, & Fire Suppression Trade
- *New requirement* Trade License holders are required to obtain eight (8) continuing education units (CEUs) annually to be eligible for renewal. A list of accepted Continuing Education Units for Trade License Holders and when they must be completed can be found here: Continuing Education Units for Trade License Holders
- Business Licenses
- Amusement Places, Amusement Producers, Bed & Breakfast, Antique or Secondhand Dealers (includes Junk Dealer & Pawnbroker licenses), Mechanical Amusement Devices, Parking Lot, Towing, Sign Maintenance Certificates, Mobile Vehicle Vendors, Mobile Peddler, Stationary Vendors, One-Day Solicitation (Tag Day), Ticket Reselling, Trade Fair, & Transient Merchant
Wondering how much your License will cost? All Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections fees change annually. Please consult the Current Fee Schedule below.
- The Licensing Rules & Regulations take effect November 15th, 2018, and were updated April 15th, 2019 They provide a complete list of all new Licensing requirements: Click here to view them.
- Thank you all who provided comments to the draft Licensing Rules & Regulations. Click here to view our responses to the comments provided.
- All licenses expire 365 days from the date of issuance. Business license holders who allow their license to expire will be charged a late fee after the date of expiration, except for event-based and mobile licenses, including transient merchants, Tag Day, Amusement Producers, Non-consensual towing, peddlers, mobile vehicle vendors, and ticket resellers.
- Be sure to double check your application before submitting! All applications must be fully completed to be processed. An incomplete application will be returned to the applicant.
- PLI will accept up to five applications with one check. If PLI receives one check for more than five applications, all of the documents will be sent back to the applicant. Applicants must reissue the appropriate checks according to this rule.