The Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections issues licenses for the following activities:
- Contractor Licenses
- Trade Licenses
- Electrical Trade, HVAC Trade, Stationary Power Engineer, & Fire Suppression Trade
- Trade License holders are required to obtain eight (8) continuing education units (CEUs) annually to be eligible for renewal. A list of accepted Continuing Education Units for Trade License Holders and when they must be completed can be found here: Continuing Education Units for Trade License Holders
- Business Licenses
Wondering how much your License will cost? All Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections fees change annually. Please consult the Current Fee Schedule below.
- Effective November 15th, 2018, PLI adopted the Licensing Rules & Regulations. (Updated May 29th, 2022)
- On November 2nd, 2021, City Council approved the Residential Housing Rental Permit Program. Please see the Rental Registration Rules & Regulations.
- Thank you all who provided comments to the draft Licensing Rules & Regulations. Click here to view our responses to the comments provided.
- All licenses expire 365 days from the date of issuance. License holders who allow their license to expire will be charged a late fee after the date of expiration. Late fee grace periods are provided for all trade and contractor licenses. Please see the links above for more information on your license type and late fees.