Residential Occupancy Only Permit
A residential occupancy only permit is required for the following work on a residential building or structure (single family or two-family dwelling):
- To certify a new use and/or occupancy for an exiting building or structure.
- Approve temporary use and/or occupancy of an existing building or structure.
Please see Permit Home for definition of residential structures.
- New Use: applies to a use and/or occupancy that has not previously been approved as evidenced by a Certificate of Occupancy.
- Modification of Existing Certificate: applies to applications that are limited to modifications that do not change the use and/or occupancy of the structure, such as Lessee information.
- Temporary Use: applies to uses that are temporary in nature (180 days or less).
The permit process consists of the following steps:
Please see Other Agency Coordination for processes related to other agencies that may relate to your permit scope. For residential building permits:
- Zoning Development Review
- A ZDR application submission is required for New Use and Modification of Existing Certificate work types.
- A Zoning review will be performed on applications with Temporary Use work types.