Permit Scope Complete
In order for a permit to be completed all work associated with the permit shall be completed, this includes but is not limited to the following:
- All work covered by that permit.
- All work associated with additional required sub-permits, as identified on the Permit or by the Inspector, with passed final inspections.
- All additional inspections, as identified on the Permit or by the Inspector, such as accessibility and energy inspections are performed with passed final inspections.
- All Special Inspections have been performed with passed final inspections.
- All work associated with other City departments and/or agencies required as a condition of permit approval – this includes but is not limited to the following:
- Approved landscaping as identified by the Zoning Department.
- Public right of way infrastructure such as roads, curb cuts, sidewalks, etc.
Permit Close-out Documents
- Testing reports, including mechanical system balance
- Statement of Compliance for Suppression System permits
- Record of Completion for Fire Alarm permits
- Energy testing and/or commissioning reports
Special Inspection Reports
Reports (progress and final) for all required Special Inspections as identified on the Permit and/or by the Inspector shall be submitted. The final report shall verify that all associated work is complete and performed in conformance with approved permit scope and applicable codes.
In addition to the Special Inspections identified by the International Building Code, the following types may apply:
- Performance Scoring:
- Required if the Performance Scoring Method is selected as the compliance path.
- The Special Inspector is responsible for verifying compliance with the approved scoring and shall submit a scoring summary based on the as-built conditions.
- Required when identified as applicable by the Zoning Department during their Zoning Development Review.This will also be identified on the Permit.
NOTE: Failure to provide required close-out documents associated with a permit will result in a failed inspection and may result in the scheduled inspection being cancelled.