Below are documents that provide an overview of PLI construction procedures, guidance on code related topics, and code interpretations. Please check back regularly for updates.
- Standard Permit Application Requirements - Outlines minimum application submission requirements and scope of work not requiring construction drawings for each permit type.
- Partial Occupancy Applications - Outlines the procedure for requests to use or occupy of a portion of a new building under construction, or existing buildings undergoing renovations, prior to completion of all work under permit.
- Temporary Procedures for Third Party Agency (TPA) - Revised procedures for Third Party Agencies providing limited UCC services for the City of Pittsburgh.
- Landscaping Special Inspections - Outlines the procedures related to inspection of landscaping and screening when a condition of Department of City Planning permit approval.
- Amended Permit Procedures - Outlines the procedure to amend a permit once it has been issued.
- Temporary Procedures for TPA Electrical Inspections - Outlines temporary procedures for TPA Plan Inspections for eletrical permits.
- Off-Hours Inspections - Outlines procedure to request an off-hour inspection
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms - Outlines requirements for smoke and carbon monoxide alarms in existing dwellings.
- Accessibility Guidelines - Clarifies the differences between ADA requirements and the accessibility requirements of the UCC, and identifies a recommended accessible improvement sequence for existing buildings.
- Townhouse and Definition of Attached - Outlines PLI's interpretation of an attached dwelling unit as it relates to townhouse code provisions.
- Townhouse and Group - Outlines PLI's interpretation of a group as it relates to the applicability of townhouse code provisions.
- Buildings Across Lot Lines - Outlines how the Building Code addresses buildings that cross lot lines.
- Habitable Attics - Outlines PLI's interpretation of habitable attics.
- Horizontal Exits - Outlines PLI's interrelation of the applicability of horizontal exits as it relates to required exits from a story.
- Automatic Fire Detection Compliance – Outlines the difference between smoke alarms and smoke detectors; and required smoke detector coverage under Compliance Alternatives and Performance Compliance methods.
- Mandatory Safety Scores – Outlines effective date for ICC errata for mandatory scores under Compliance Alternatives.