NEW! Apply Online for:
- PLI Permits
- Trade, contractor and business licenses
- Zoning applications
Select SEARCH ONESTOPPGH to browse a public database of PLI permits, licenses, and zoning applications
For extra help with OneStopPGH, check out our step-by-step intructional videos.
For permits, licenses, zoning applications, and more!
Look up and track:
- Property Maintenance Violations
- PLI Permit Applications
- Business Licenses
- Zoning and Development Review Applications (Coming Soon!)
If you need additonal help or have questions about BuildingEye, visit our BuildingEye FAQ page!
PA Unified Judicial System
Search court dockets and results of court cases within the magisterial district court system
Calculate the cost of your permit fees, filing fees, amended permit fees, and more.
Do you want to keep up with all of the improvements and features we make to our system?
If so, please sign up for our news letter here!
You can also view all of our past newsletters by visiting the link above
PLI permit applications and associated requirements are configured based on permit type, structure type, work type and work scope.
Not sure what Ward you're in? Check out this map.
Permit types regulated by PLI are: building, electrical, mechanical, fire alarm, suppression system, Occupancy Only Permit, Demolition Permit, Sign Permit, Land Operations Permit, and Occupant Load Placard Permit.
The type of work regulated under these permits is:
- Buildings or structures:
- Renovate and repair
- Construct additions
- Construct a new building or structure
- Perform electrical work in new or existing buildings or structures
- Perform mechanical work in new or existing buildings or structures
- Install new or modify existing fire alarm systems in new or existing buildings or structures
- Install new or modify existing suppression systems in new or existing buildings or structures
- Certify the occupancy and/or use of existing buildings or structures
- Demolish entire or portions of existing buildings or structures
- Install or modify existing signs
- Preform site work such as grading, removal of vegetation or installation of impermeable or semi-permeable surfacing
- Certifying the legal number of occupants permitted in assembly spaces, buildings or structures
Structure types are defined as:
- Residential – single-family : applicable if this is the sole use of the entire structure.
- Residential – two-family : applicable if this is the sole use of the entire structure.
- Commercial – all other uses : applicable for all other uses.
Work Types are defined generally as:
- New Construction : applicable for new buildings
- Addition / Alteration : applicable for existing buildings
- Minor Alteration : applicable for existing buildings
Work Scope is specific for each permit type, structure type and work type. Please refer to each permit type for more specific information.
The permit process consists of the following steps: