Registered Third Party Agencies

click here for Online Applications

Limited UCC Third Party Agency Services

Due to the temporary shortage of electrical inspectors, the City of Pittsburgh, Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections is requiring the following immediate procedures on new and existing electrical permits. These measures are temporary, and will be repealed or amended as necessary.

PLI currently utilizes approved Third Party Agencies (TPAs) for the following:

  • Temporary inspection of Commercial and Residential Electrical Permits.
  • Third party agency inspections will be required to complete any existing permits that were issued requiring TPA inspections.

How to apply for an Electrical Permit using a Third Party Agency (TPA)

1. Select a Third Party Agency.  It is the responsibility of the permit holder to engage a registered Third Party Agency and provide documentation of compliance to the Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections.

2. Submit the Third Party Agency Inspection Application AT TIME OF PERMIT APPLICATION. 

​​​​​ 3. Follow Instructions for Third Party Agency inspections listed in the Temporary Procedures Guidelines 

4After Final Inspection is completed, the Third Party Agency must submit the completed Inspection Report and Compliance Form via dropbox. See Step #3 Current Temporary Procedures for TPA Electrical Inspections Document for instructions on how to complete the form. 

How much will my permit cost?

Please consult the current Fee Schedule

How to become a Registered Third Party Agency

1. Submit a completed Third Party Agency Registration Form to




Please check here for the latest alerts on the COVID-19 virus.