Sign Contractor License
The City of Pittsburgh requires who erects, alters, repairs, and/or maintains ground signs, wall signs, projecting signs, roof signs, post signs, or similar signs must obtain a Sign Contractor License from the Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections.
1) PREPARE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- See checklist below for quick list of requirements.
2) COMPLETE APPLICATION
3) SUBMIT DOCUMENTS AND PAYMENT
- Check the cost of your license application fee here: Current Fee Schedule
WONDERING HOW MUCH YOUR LICENSE COSTS?
All Department of Permits, Licenses and Inspections fees change annually. Consult the Current Fee Schedule for new applications, renewals, and late fees.
A 60 day grace period begins when your license expires. A late fee will be charged the day after your license expires. If your license is not renewed within 60 days of expiration, it is considered lapsed and closed. All contractor and trade licenses expire a year from the date of issuance.
- LOOKING FOR ADDITIONAL INFO OR CLARIFICATION ON YOUR LICENSE REQUIREMENTS? Check out the Rules and Regulations
- HOW DO I GET A TAX CERFICATION LETTER?
- INSURANCE INFO
- A Certificate of Insurance showing general liability coverage for the applicant at the location where licensed activity will take place, and listing the City of Pittsburgh as the certificate holder and additionally insured. The insurance expiration date must be at least 30-days after the date of licensed activity start date. If not, please provide a documentation from your insurer showing intent to extend coverage and list the expiration date as thirty-one (31)days after the licensed activity start date.
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance: A Certificate of Insurance showing Worker's Compensation coverage for the applicant business and listing the City of Pittsburgh as the certificate holder. If the business does not have any employees, then upload a notarized statement attesting that there are no employees.
- Department of Permits, Licenses and Inspections Workers' Compensation Exemption Affidavit.